Thursday, September 22, 2011

1st Practice

I picked up the guitar again and was amazed to find that getting a much clearer sound was a lot easier, I'm not sure what caused the dramatic change but I am very excited and am currently looking off of song books with written chords in them, trying to get a feel for playing, strumming, and chord changes. Eventually I plan on checking out a book on guitar playing from the library but until then I feel like I am making progress.

Chords Learned :   E   Em   A  Am    D   Dm

2 comments:

  1. You have lots of choices of guitar books. You should also take advantage of Kristian Rolland for some help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good start! You can now play a ton of songs in A! A is the I (one) chord, D is the IV (four) chord, and E is the V (five) chord.
    As far as getting a clearer tone, isn't it amazing how quickly our hands and minds seem to "learn"!!?? It could be a number of things. For me it was getting the right amount of finger strength on the strings on the fretboard.

    I like that you feel "empowered" to learn. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete